ALL ARE WELCOME to join us at 11:00 a.m. on Easter Sunday, April 20, 2014, as we celebrate the Resurrection of Christ.
MESSAGE FROM GOD'S WORD: "Life-Changing Truths from the First Easter," Luke 24.
SOUTHERN GOSPEL PIANO MEDLEY: "Christ the Lord is Risen Today," "Ten Thousand Angels," "O, What a Savior." We hope to see you at church! (No evening worship service at the church on Easter.)
Everyone is welcome at Cloverdale Baptist Church, which is a UNIQUE church:
Our church facility is located at 608 East Fairview Avenue, Montgomery, AL 36106.View Larger Map
- SIZE: We are a small congregation in a large facility.
- AGE: We are predominantly, though not exclusively, adults who are age 55 and older. Although we do not currently have Sunday School classes for children and youth, we are seeking to grow so that we may do so. Each Sunday morning, we do have a paid worker available to provide care for preschoolers during Sunday School and Morning Worship. Older children and youth are welcome in all our worship services, which are for all ages.
- INCLUSIVE: We are multi-ethnic with both Anglos and African-Americans among our participants in worship and Bible study. EVERYONE is welcome!
- SCHEDULE: Our schedule is: Sunday School, 9:30 a.m.; Sunday Morning Worship, 11:00 a.m.; Sunday Evening Study, 5:00 p.m.; and Wednesday Mid-week Service, 6:00 p.m.
- WORSHIP: Our Sunday morning worship style is what many call traditional, consisting mainly of hymns and Gospel songs sung from the 1991 Baptist Hymnal. Our congregational singing is accompanied by piano and organ. Currently, our choir is small in number. We welcome anyone who wants to sing with us as we lead in musical worship each Sunday. (Church membership has never been required to sing in the choir.)
- Our evening worship is held in our Fellowship Hall, downstairs, around tables in a more casual setting. We usually sing hymns and Gospel songs from the 1975 Baptist Hymnal. Our evening Bible studies are taught in a way that encourages discussion and welcomes questions.
- MINISTRY: Since we are small in number, we currently cannot provide direct assistance to members of the community with financial needs. However, along with other churches, we are happy to support the Forest Park Ministry Center where help may be sought by those with various kinds of need (such as food, clothing, utilities, school supplies, prayer, etc.).
- PASTOR: Our interim pastor is Keith Hinson. To contact him, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PRAYER: We are a praying church. When we meet on Sundays and Wednesday, we pray for specific needs and requests from members and attenders of our congregation. If you wish, we will keep your prayer requests confidential (also known as "unspoken requests") or we will pray specifically for your requests during times of group prayer.
- OPEN: To attend and participate in Cloverdale, you don't have to be a member or even Baptist. Our church has accepted people as they are, recognizing that none of us are perfect and that we all need God's guidance in our lives through His Son, Jesus Christ.
- THE BIBLE: We believe in the truthfulness and authority of the Bible, and we proclaim its teachings during Sunday School classes, sermons on Sunday mornings and Bible studies in evening services.
- AFFILIATION: We are Southern Baptist by affiliation. What we believe is generally expressed by the Baptist Faith & Message. Members of other denominations and faith groups -- or no faith group -- are welcome to attend Cloverdale with us.
- "RE-CHURCH": We likewise offer a special invitation to anyone who is a Christian but is no longer active in a local church. Cloverdale Baptist Church is a place to begin again serving God in a local church that is a community of love and acceptance. To quote a TV show theme song: Cloverdale is a place "where everybody knows your name," if you allow us to get to know you. This is likely to happen if you attend Cloverdale over the course of a few weeks or more. Our members and attenders will greet you in a friendly fashion and welcome you to the life of our church.
- PRESCHOOL: During the week, 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. weekdays, the Cloverdale Preschool Academy operates as a ministry of the church. The Academy meets high standards for similar preschool operations, though the state does not require churches to do so. Currently, more than 100 students are enrolled, and 18 teachers employed. For more information, visit the Academy's website.
CHURCH EMAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com